Monday, June 30, 2008

hives are full of honey

i spoke in code all day; a series of dots and dashes pouring from my mouth and popping like bubbles of spit or soap as they collided into each other. mixing my signals into the cake batter, i wish i could fix everything with dessert. I love sitting on the porch when its raining. I feel like im on a huge boat in the open oceans. comfort from the couch, dry from the roof, but watching something larger. I look in the mirror all the time or at my reflection in store fronts, car windows, the size of my shadow on the ground. The monster i expect to see rarely shows up anymore. I'm a lovester now, in your nightmares, filling them with love and fun and warmth. the pull of the blanket up closer to your neck , the humidty hugging you all day , the color of the blackberry harvest. These are the places you find me and the places i leave myself.

I'm reading a book i found called "Plant Conciousness, Plant Care" about the spiritual history of plants and how their power has been removed, destroyed and transformed into the human form. Plants were once worshipped as gods, now man is worshipped as gods. In the name of Nature, natural became ours (like how she became yours) and we became invincible. One ancient society (i promise specifics when i get the book in my hands) believed that the soul/spirit of anything was embodied in its shadow. if we live in someone elses shadow, where does our own soul go? Gardening has really been helping me reconnect with power of nature,. the way dirt fills the lines in my palms (please read my love line now, its overflowing), my leg muscles tickling me from the inside out, the way the leaves change shape and grow.
listen, listen, bring all the things you need to leave to my plot (E7) and we'll burry them. There they 'll grow into wild flowers and you can pick them for someone you love.

Coming Soon : vegan lasagna, things i draw, adventure.

1 comment:

los doggies said...

i picked black raspberries in the pouring rain - i ran for the garden and found the door on the ground. entering, i see everything growing so fast yet i can only find 1 pea pod to eat. soaking into the house, i begin to feast.

can we plant lost drawings in your garden?

love, jesse