Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Headed for an Earthship




photo from http://freedomthistime.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/earth-ship-bottle-wall11.jpg

So yesterday i applied for a month long internship at Earthship Biotecture in Taos, NM. Earthships are off the grid homes made of natural and recycled materials like old tires and glass bottles. I found out about these from my great friends Kevin and Sheila, who rode their bikes from New Mexico to Oregon this past fall. They visited our mutual Jess, who has been involved with the Earthship Biotecture and is in the process of starting her own project. I got in touch with her and applied to the internship, for May 2-30, and she assured me that a lot of people would love free labor so there are plenty of opportunities. After fillling out the application, I felt positive for the first time in weeks about the way my plans for this year are unfolding.

SO then today, i went to the Kingston Salvo with Dana. It was a last minute decision to even go and then it was a last minute decision to even look at the T-shirts. AND then There it was!!!
for 1.99! the exact same place!

this sort of stuff always happens to me! thank you universe for synchronicity, signs, and letting me know when i'm headed in the right direction!
Now, i just need to figure out what i'm doing until May.




No comments: